Little Lucy Tomato Bisque
A quick lunch to warm you up on a cold Fall day! And we have plenty of cold days in Minnesota. Typically this recipe is best served with a grilled cheese sandwich on the side, but sometimes we just got to have the cheese--hold the bread. We created our own variation of this simple, yet delicious soup by topping it with a sliced disc of our beloved Little Lucy Brie.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large clove of garlic, smashed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 28 ounces can of whole peeled plum tomatoes, pureed
- 1 wheel of Redhead Creamery Little Lucy Brie
- In a dutch oven, heat oil and butter over medium-low heat. Sauté onion and garlic until translucent
- Add flour to make a roux. Stir for 2 minutes to allow the flour to cook.
- Slowly add chicken broth to roux and bring to a boil to thicken.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Slice Little Lucy Brie wheel into round discs.
- To serve, ladle soup into a bowl. Place one disc of Little Lucy Brie into the center, and garnish with thyme.
- Serve immediately!